Sectra successfully develops and sells cutting-edge solutions within medical IT and secure communications. We welcome driven and talented students with a passion for medtech and cybersecurity to our join our summer internship program. Our summer internship program is an important part of our goal of being at the forefront of technology. If you are interested in innovative and cutting-edge technology, we offer you the opportunity to use your ideas, energy, curiosity, and determination to contribute to our work. Our scope includes a wide range of interesting challenges, both within medical IT and secure communications.
I really enjoyed my time at Sectra and the technology spurred a great deal of interest for me. Also I got to work with “real” problems which gave me the feeling that Sectra’s summer internship was very serious.
Sectra Medical IT
We help hospitals across the world to become more effective, and thus take care of more patients and save more lives. Cancer diseases, osteoarthritis and orthopaedic surgery represent some of the most costly and resource-intensive areas in the healthcare sector—areas where Sectra’s software-solutions facilitates diagnosis, planning and patient monitoring. Sectra also helps to raise the quality of medical education by providing solutions for interacting with medical images and sharing educational materials.
At Sectra Communications we are on a mission for a more stable and secure society. Our products and services increase cybersecurity by protecting some of society’s most sensitive information and communications. Sectra helps critical social functions, government officials and diplomats to exchange information securely. We also help actors within energy and water distribution in attaining a balanced security over time, supporting them in the digital transformation. Sectra’s secure communication solutions are deployed to the EU, NATO and more than half of the EU member states for sharing classified information on national and international levels.
A summer internship with Sectra doesn’t just mean creating value for society through innovative technology. It also means joining and become part of the Sectra family. For this you will:
- Get a full introduction day a month prior to your internship with the purpose of explaining our operations and culture and networking with Sectra employees and fellow interns.
- Be assigned a mentor to support you when you first join us and throughout your project
- Have the opportunity to create close and personal relationships with colleagues all over the world – we like to have fun together!
- Get a unique inside perspective on our organization, our business and culture
Speaking of our culture. At Sectra we value humor and having fun together. What we do is serious business and we take that very seriously, but that also means we need to be able to laugh and let loose from time to time. Be prepared for social events on a regular basis, lots of fika and sports activities more or less on the daily if that’s your thing.
We hope that this opportunity will act as a stepping-stone for your future with Sectra. Many of our summer interns stay with us in various roles and even move on to any of our international offices. That option is of course available for you as well once you graduate and are ready to take on the world.
Our summer interns work on real projects and many are related to development of our software solutions, but we also offer opportunities with a stronger customer-, market- and business development perspective. Expect to be challenged and really put your skills to the test. Again, our interns work on real projects. But don’t worry, we will provide you with the support and information needed to succeed. We want this to a fun learning experience.
To give you an idea of what you could do, a summer internship project could relate to:
- Machine learning
- Web applications
- Data monotoring and analysis
- Market- and competitor analysis
- Automating the installation and configuration of network equipment
At Sectra, we hire for attitude and ability – train for skill. This means who you are is more important than your previous experiences. Our program is first and foremost designed for students with a passion and talent for technology so this is a must for any applicant. Our summer interns work to solve real challenges, often spurring innovations that change the way we do business. Therefore, we are looking for individuals with ambitions and curiosity and the motivation to be a part of the future of technology. We want pioneers and problem solvers, to help us create a healthier and safer society.
In addition to these abilities, we also want you to:
- Be enrolled in an engineering, information systems or cognitive science program, with a strong academic background. Preferably with a profile towards IT, software development, system development, industrial engineering or similar
- Interested in medical IT and/or secure communication
- Able to communicate without problem in both Swedish and English
- A Swedish citizen (required for our roles at Sectra Communications)
Applications are open December 21st – January 31st.
Our process in short:
- All applicants will perform a number of online aptitude tests. You will receive and email with instructions within a few days of applying. These tests should be completed as soon as possible but no later than February 3rd.
- Now the fun really begins. A number of candidates will be invited to move forward in the process. This is where we assess and define what type of project will be the best fit for you. The process as a whole include one or two interviews and for some, depending on the role, a role related test.
- Our ambition is to complete the recruitment process and offer our internship positions to the final candidates late February/early March.
Summer internship time period: June 12th – August 11th
Location: Linköping, Sweden (possibly Örebro and Stockholm)
Vacation: 5 days of unpaid vacation is offered upon request (minimum). Details regarding vacation is decided with hiring manager.
Compensation: This is a paid internship